Close Menu
Firearms Forever
  • Home
  • Hunting
  • Guns
  • Defense
  • Videos
Trending Now

Reacts | Afghani Talibani Parade w/ all of our GeAr!?

August 31, 2025

First Look: XS Minimalist Sights For The Colt Python

August 30, 2025

Venezuela RUSHES Troops To Fight Trump, Will Get OBLITERATED

August 30, 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Firearms Forever
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Hunting
  • Guns
  • Defense
  • Videos
Firearms Forever
Home»Defense»Air Force Investigating After Security Forces Kill Civilian Who Crashed into Arizona Base Gate
Defense

Air Force Investigating After Security Forces Kill Civilian Who Crashed into Arizona Base Gate

Tim HuntBy Tim HuntAugust 5, 20253 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Air Force Investigating After Security Forces Kill Civilian Who Crashed into Arizona Base Gate

Air Force officials are investigating an incident in which a Security Forces airman stationed at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Arizona killed a civilian who attempted to enter the base early Friday morning.

The individual, according to a news release from the base, “failed to stop and identify themselves at the base’s main gate” and was allegedly “driving erratically” around 2:30 a.m. local time on Aug. 1. The individual crashed into a vehicle barrier and attempted to back up.

An airman from the base’s Security Forces Squadron “shot and fatally injured” the civilian after several of the troops used their guns to stop the individual.

Read Next: VA to Ban Nearly All Abortions at VA Facilities, Drop Coverage for Procedure for Dependents

“We certainly regret the loss of life that occurred early this morning,” Col. Jose Cabrera, the 355th Wing commander, said in the Friday news release. “Our defenders have a very difficult job and acted in accordance with their training and policy to ensure the security of the installation and safety of our airmen.”

The incident at Davis-Monthan comes as the military is testing out new security measures at its bases, and it has even temporarily changed some policies in response to public attacks earlier this year.

Retired Air Force Col. John Probst, a former Security Forces officer and the executive director of the nonprofit Air Force Security Forces Association, told Military.com in an interview Monday that situations such as the incident at Davis-Monthan are rare but always a possibility.

“I wouldn’t say I think these situations are common,” Probst said. “I think that they could happen at any installation, almost at any time.”

Probst added that airmen should train for them “as best as they can” but noted that it is a high-pressure situation.

“They are trained on trying to recognize a threat and also the overall impact of that threat,” Probst added. “All that happens in a very short period of time.”

At the beginning of this year, U.S. Northern Command paused its Trusted Traveler program — an initiative that makes it easier to bring visitors on base — in response to public attacks in New Orleans and Las Vegas on New Year’s Day. As a result, there were 100% identification checks, and service members posted photos on social media of long lines to enter installations.

A week later, Northern Command resumed its Trusted Traveler program, Military.com reported.

Other additional base security changes are also being tested. In May, the Marine Corps started partnering with federal immigration authorities under a pilot program aimed at stopping foreign nationals from unlawfully entering military bases.

In June, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement arrested a Russian woman at Marine Corps Base Hawaii in what was likely the first arrest under that pilot program.

The civilian killed in Friday’s incident at the Davis-Monthan gate had not been publicly identified on Monday. The Air Force Office of Special Investigations Detachment 21 is investigating the circumstances of the death.

Davis-Monthan is home to 11,000 airmen as well as the 355th Wing, which is responsible for training pilots to fly the A-10 Thunderbolt aircraft. It’s also home to the 309th Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group, which oversees a facility dubbed “the boneyard” where retired military aircraft are sent.

Related: ICE Arrests Russian National at Marine Corps Installation in Hawaii

Story Continues

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Telegram Reddit Email
Previous ArticleVA to Give Veterans One-Year Authorizations to Seek Care from Private Providers in 30 Specialties
Next Article VA to Ban Nearly All Abortions at VA Facilities, Drop Coverage for Procedure for Dependents

Related Posts

Iron Man in the Himalayas? China’s PLA embraces exoskeletons

August 29, 2025

This Calisthenics and Cardio Workout Will Prepare You for Any Military Fitness Test

August 29, 2025

The D Brief: New anti-drone office; Navy’s costly landing craft; EUCOM’s advice to industry; West Point purge; And a bit more.

August 29, 2025

Defense One Radio, Ep. 192: Alpine Eagle’s Jan-Hendrik Boelens

August 29, 2025

Should You Reach Out to Recruiters or Wait to Be Contacted?

August 29, 2025

This Disorienting Horror Video Game Tries to Capture the PTSD Experience

August 29, 2025
Don't Miss

First Look: XS Minimalist Sights For The Colt Python

By Tim HuntAugust 30, 2025

XS Sights Minimalist night sights are now available for Colt Python revolvers. As the name…

Venezuela RUSHES Troops To Fight Trump, Will Get OBLITERATED

August 30, 2025

Trump Prepares To BOMB Venezuela, Might Kidnap Dictator

August 30, 2025

Rob O’Neill Vs. Red: Who Really Killed Bin Laden?

August 30, 2025

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest firearms news and updates directly to your inbox.

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Contact
© 2025 Firearms Forever. All Rights Reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.